Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The overall health of the zombie genre.....

Zombie movies have always maintained a cult following in the entertainment world. Romero really brought it to the big screen and it's been off to the races ever since. Now that the genre seems to be the highest it's ever been with The Walking Dead breaking every record possible, where do you guys see it going from here?

Lots of people complain that every zombie movie is simply a re-hashing of what's been done before. To some point, I would have to agree. I truly appreciate zombie movies that think outside the box and go where others have never dared trod. What all stories would you all like to see that you don't feel have been portrayed before in this genre? Post your ideas here. I may incorporate one or more of them into a new short story or novel, with your permission of course.

6 comments:

  1. They're always trying something different with zombies. I recently watched a movie, Re-Kill, which was unique. Humanity had partially recovered from a zombie outbreak, formed an anti zombie police force, and made a TV show about it like cops. Which is how the movie is filmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your thoughts on Pride, Prejudice and Zombies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet, but I can honestly say that's the only version of that story that I would ever watch, lol.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you brother.
      Where do you come down on Resident Evil, zombie movie or creature feature?

      Delete
    3. I'm kind of split on that one. I think the first few were a lot more about the human toll the T virus took. The later ones tend to display the zombies as more of a backdrop to whatever evil creature is about to appear. I do like the giant guys with the war hammers, though.

      Delete
  3. I like Milla Jovovich. She is a true bad ass.

    ReplyDelete