Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Zombie Apocalypse Weaponry Choices



OK, we've all thought about it: what weapon am I going to use when Uncle Fred rises from his casket and tries to eat my cousins? Well, I would love to know what you guys think. Me personally? I'm going minimalist. The theory behind that is that if things get so bad that I have to bug out, I want to be stealthy. No, not just stealthy, ninja stealthy. 500 pounds of ammo and magazines clanking around will get me eaten in a hurry or mugged by those with superior firepower. Here is what I would grab if the dead rose tomorrow:

Ruger 10/22 rifle with 5 Ruger factory 25 round magazines
Good quality 22 revolver
Two 500 round bricks of ammunition
Collapsible police baton
Machete

What would you guys grab?

3 comments:

  1. The .22 is an excellent choice for so many reasons, but I would want a suppressed 300 blackout AR for not only dropping the dead, but also food. It can be made short and compact and with subsonic ammo verry quiet. It would be an excellent choice for hunting when you may have to defend yourself from surprise attacks without giving away your position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live with that choice as well. Just stockpile the ammo beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe 22 cal is the way to go. Most will grab larger caliber ammo which will leave the smaller 22's left behind for you to grab. Also, more shots per pound of ammo to carry.
    Revolver is a great choice. Sure if you are on the run, popping in a fresh magazine is great but what if you don't have a magazine ready? Also, in the dirty, grimy zombie apocalypse a misfire caused by a less than clean magazine is a great possibility.

    ReplyDelete